[Wannier] Wannier90 v3.1 released (and new paper citation)

Giovanni Pizzi giovanni.pizzi at epfl.ch
Thu Mar 5 20:15:01 CET 2020

Dear all,

Today we have released v3.1 of Wannier90.
The code includes a number of new features together with some improvements and bug fixes.
You can download the code here: http://www.wannier.org/download/ where you will also find a change log<https://github.com/wannier-developers/wannier90/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md> with a list of all changes.

There are no backward-incompatible changes with respect to v3.1, therefore we suggest that you switch to this more robust version of the code.

We also use this occasion to remind you that there is a new publication for the v3.x series of Wannier90.
We kindly ask you to cite this newer version if you are using v3.x of the code (bibtex also attached to this email):

G. Pizzi, V. Vitale, R. Arita, S. Blügel, F. Freimuth, G. Géranton, M. Gibertini, D. Gresch, C. Johnson, T.Koretsune, J. Ibañez-Azpiroz, H. Lee, J. M. Lihm, D. Marchand, A. Marrazzo, Y. Mokrousov, J. I. Mustafa, Y. Nohara, Y. Nomura, L. Paulatto, S. Poncé, T. Ponweiser, J. Qiao, F. Thöle, S. S. Tsirkin, M. Wierzbowska, N. Marzari, D. Vanderbilt, I. Souza, A. A. Mostofi, and J. R. Yates, Wannier90 as a community code: new features and applications, J. Phys. Cond. Matt. 32, 165902 (2020); doi:10.1088/1361-648X/ab51ff<http://doi.org/10.1088/1361-648X/ab51ff>

On the home page of the website (http://www.wannier.org) you will also find the instructions on which paper to cite if you are using older versions of Wannier (v2.x or v1.x), as well as bibtex files for the corresponding publications.

Best regards,

Giovanni Pizzi, on behalf of the Wannier Developers Group