[Wannier] How to extract nearest neighbour information from hr.dat file of Wannier-90

Soumyadeep soumyadeep at rrcat.gov.in
Fri Jul 24 14:48:01 CEST 2020

Dear All,

    After a Wannier-90 calculation I get a file seedname_hr.dat, which
contains hopping parameters between different initial projections.
Structure of the file is,

     i    j    k   m   n    t_real   t_imag

   i, j, k is lattice vectors,
   m,n are orbital index,
   t_real,t_imag are real and imaginary part of hopping parameter.

   How can I distinguish which (i,j,k) pair gives nearest neighbour,
which one gives next nearest neighbours and so on? I have a plan to
build a tight binding model using these hopping parameters. Please help.

with many thanks and best regards
Soumyadeep
Soumyadeep Ghosh,
Senior Research Fellow,
Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI),
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore, India-452013
Mob: (+91)9424664553
User Lab: 0731244-2580
Email: soumyadeepghosh35 at gmail.com, soumyadeep at rrcat.gov.in