[Wannier] Problems with SPN formatted and gw2wannier.py

Marten Richter marten.richter at tu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 26 12:36:32 CEST 2019

Dear Wannier90 list,

for some reasons, I tried to use gw stuff from yambo with wannier and I
also needed spins.
I need to use the spn formatted option, since I am too stupid (or lazy)
to install the python package for FortranFile on the cluster.
So I tried to run gw2wannier90.py from the utility folder using spn
output with spn_formatted.

I ran into several issues and I am really wondering, if the spn
formatted output was tested.
Anyway I made a patch and I would be glad, if someone can look over it
(who has reference data for the unformatted option for testing)
and could integrate it.
(Special care necessary, since I can write in several programming
languages but not in python and I do not have really much data to check
the correct behaviour).
I hope, that this is the right mailing list.

Regards,

Marten Richter

Dr. Marten Richter
Institut für Theoretische Physik