[Wannier] Wannier base obtained after a spread minimization

Eduardo Perassi eduperassi at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 27 01:00:35 CEST 2019

Hello, I am a beginner in using the Wannier transformations theory and wannier90 software. I used the wannier90 program to generate a tigh binding Hamiltonian but I have the following doubt:
Given a base of atomic orbitals to describe a system  in tight-binding theory, small changes in the configuration of the system would give place to only changes of "coefficients" in the Bloch-sum formula but not in the base as it is fixed. The Wannier base is obtained by a spread minimization so, for the same small changes of the system, will I obtain different bases after the minimization? or will I obtain a same base and different  "coefficients" in the Bloch-sum formula ?
Excuse me if the question is a trivial question,
Thanks.