[Wannier] Format of UNK files

Robert Peyton Cline Robert.Cline at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 3 01:11:20 CEST 2019

Dear Wannier developers,

I have a basic question about the format of the UNK* files that I can't
uncover in the source code.  Are the UNK* files written differently
depending on whether the 'exclude_bands' tag is set in the wannier90.win
file?  It would make sense to me if they were, considering the other files
(*amn, *mmn, and *eig) are written without the bands declared by
'exclude_bands', but I just find get a clear answer anywhere and I can't
check the files themselves since they are written in binary.

Many thanks,
Peyton Cline
5th year PhD student
Eaves Group