[Wannier] How could I use wannier90 for surface structure? Is there any research or examples?

Christoph Wolf wolf.christoph at qns.science
Thu Jan 24 15:06:55 CET 2019

Hi Eric Seo,

There's a toolbox dedicated to such systems called "wannier tools", iirc
they have an example for a 2D system. You can also look for graphene
examples, as it is a true 2D system.

Wannierization can be more tricky as surface and bulk states will differ
but basically there's no problem. Check out R. Korytar et al., JPCM 2010.
It discusses Cu (111)

Best,
Chris