[Wannier] Symmetry-adapted Wannier functions

Valerio Vitale vv284 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 11:25:20 CET 2019

Dear Cao,
Just to clarify, the Symmetry-adapted routine does not work with non-collinear calculations for sure, i.e. in the case of spinors.
However, for spin-polarised calculations there is nothing in the code that prevents to use the symmetry-adapted method on the two spin channels separately.
The SA method has never been tested by us in this case. In a non-magnetic system we believe that in principle the code should produce two equivalent sets of WFs, one for spin up and one for spin down. But we are not sure whether the result is reliable in more general systems.
We are planning to do some tests in the near future, after the next Wannier90 release.

Best,

Valerio

Postdoctoral research associate
Imperial College London