[Wannier] Error: Found a mismatch in graphene.eig

Valerio Vitale vv284 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 18:42:46 CET 2018

Dear Ghadiyali,

You need to specify the number of bands in the Wannier90 input file, in your case num_bands = 21.
Moreover, starting with random projections could lead to a poor convergence (if any at all).
A good place to look is example 10 in the examples directory in Wannier90 (case of graphite). I expect that you want to find the MLWFs corresponding to pz orbitals on every C atom and sp2 orbitals on every other C atom (ie, half of the
atoms). This would give 5 MLWFs for a primitive unit cell of graphene. So you would have to modify num_wan = 5 in the Wannier90 input file.

Regards,
Valerio Vitale,
Postdoctoral research associate
Imperial College London