[Wannier] Problem in increasing dimension of neighbor hopping shells in the Real space Hamiltonian in wannier90

Aron Szabo szaboa at iis.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 16 10:30:58 CET 2016

The easiest (and as far as I know maybe the only) way to do this is to
increase the number of K-points in the scf simulation. The number of the
real-space unit cell vectors in the hr_dat file are roughly the same as
the number of K points in the simulation. If your simulation is already
accurate enough with the current number of K points, then keep the
charge density fixed and just do a non self-consistent simulation on a
finer K point grid before doing the Wannier transformation.
(It is also possible to calculate the hr_dat elements by yourself using
the U matrix and the Bloch eigenenergies, or there might be even a
command file option to increase those shells that I'm not aware of.)

Best,
Aron