[Wannier] Any criteria for selecting the inner/outer energy windows?

Pablo Villar Arribi pablo.villar at esrf.fr
Wed Jan 6 18:21:22 CET 2016

Dear Wannier90 users,

I am working with the code on some iron pnictides. I was not easy but
now I am able to get real MLWFs for the iron
atoms in some of them (and also zero imaginary part in the real-space
hamiltonian). However, I can see that both
the convergence and the final spreads strongly depend on the size of the
inner/outer energy windows. What I have
tried is to disentangle the iron d-bands from the other ones present in
the same energy range, trying to set the
inner window as big as possible and the outer one containing all the
bands and features of interest. For some
reason I cannot set the inner energy window wider than 0.35-0.4 eV in
some compounds, which seems very narrow to
me, since I want to get a reconstruction as close as possible to the DFT
original one. In other cases I cannot
even reach convergence no matter how small is the size of the inner
window.

My question is what is the best criteria to know which sizes for both
energy windows provide a better reconstruction of the DFT electronic
structure.

Thank you very much in advance.

Pablo