[Wannier] info iknum

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 18:07:14 CEST 2014

On 23 Sep 2014, at 16:10, Tommaso Francese <neutrinofrancese at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all W90 users,
> come someone explain to me why i got this error?
>
> -----------------
>   *** Reading nnkp
>   -----------------
>
>   Checking info from wannier.nnkp file
>
>   - Real lattice is ok
>   - Reciprocal lattice is ok
>   Something wrong!
>   numk=          64  iknum=         136

The number of k-points pw2wannier90 is expecting (4x4x4=64) is not equal to the number it found from the nscf calculation (136). Various ways this could have happened - one common way is that you tried to use symmetry in the nscf run, and pwscf unfolded your 64 k-points into 136. Use the nosym keyword in your nscf run.

 Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/