[Wannier] Problem during installation

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 13 11:31:11 CEST 2014

On 13 May 2014, at 10:15, jv sharma <jvnanoman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Users/ Experts,
>
> I am trying to install Wannier on Ubuntu 12.04 lts.
> I am very new to Ubuntu and Wannier.
>
> I have attached here the error(s) I got during the installation.
> I shall be grateful, if someone could help me how to come out of this and complete the installation.

jv at jv-desktop:~/wannier90-2.0.0$ cp ./config/make.sys.ifort ./make.sys
jv at jv-desktop:~/wannier90-2.0.0$ make
ifort  -O2  -c ../constants.F90
make[1]: ifort: Command not found

You’ve told wannier90 that your fortran compiler is called ifort (i.e. the intel fortran compiler). However, the ifort command is not on your path.

So either:
  You do want to use ifort - in which case make sure the paths are set up correctly (if you don’t know what I mean by this - ask your local computing support)
  You don’t have ifort - in which case use gfortran as the compiler.

Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/

SMARTER4 conference 1-4 September 2014 http://www.ccpnc.ac.uk/smarter4