[Wannier] Convergence of MLWFs

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Thu May 9 18:44:42 CEST 2013

Ciao Carlo,

the educated guess here is that your projections are just not in the
right place. Your system should actually be fairly easy to deal with -
if you want the occupied space alone, you could start with a s orbital
in the middle of *each* bond (both carbon-carbon and carbon-H) and
a p_z orbital on every other carbon of the ring.

Maybe starting with benzene as an example could help?

I'm not sure the 2 upper valence bands (HOMO and HOMO-1) would
be isolated, so I'd first try to wannierize all bands, and then
think at what to disentangle. Posting a band structure of your
system could also help us give some advice.

I'll be at TCD next week (Wed and Thu) so we could also talk.

				nicola