[Wannier] center of MLWF

Hua-Qing Huang huanghq at phys.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Sep 13 04:10:58 CEST 2012

Dear all,
  I calculated MLWF of polyyne (Carbon chain) according to PRB 69, 035108(2004).
This paper point out that there are sigma orbital localized both on single C-C
and triple bonds and two pi orbitals in the middle of each triple bond, related
by a 90 degree rotation around the axis. However, my calculation indicate that
there is a sigma obital localized on single C-C bond. Other three orbitals are
localized between two C atoms (triple bond) which differ by a 120 degree
rotation. The center of these triple bond orbitals form a triangle in the middel
vertical plane of the triple bond. The isosurfaces of all these MLWF are shown
in fig. Why the position of the MLWF centers are different from the reference?
Is there anyone who can explain it?

--
Huaqing Huang
Ph.D. candidate