[Wannier] bands structure of graphene

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon May 14 11:41:17 CEST 2012

Dear Hua-Qing, Julen,

actually missing the K-point shouldn't give rise to any problem.
I attach a few slides for a metallic carbon nanotube, but the concept
is the same:

first slide: use a frozen window below the first green line
(the states you want to keep) and a disentanglement window just above
the top of the pi/pi^star manifold (the second green line). This would
give you very good p_z states on every carbon, and bonds on, well, ever
bond (so 2.5 WFs per carbon atom)

second slide: This shows that missing the crossing point does not have
any effect.

third slide: this is how band structures should be reproduced (red -
full pwscf calculation; black - wannier interpolation, done using the
k-points denoted by the blue lines).

			nicola