[Wannier] Wannier90/VASP problems

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Mon Feb 13 16:19:22 CET 2012

Hi Mario,

can you plot the WFs? It would be a safe check to see that the
centers and the WFs themselves are consistent.

When you say that you checked the DOS - is this the PDOS on
f orbitals - i.e. you have a sense of where the electrons sit,
and is it contradictory with the WFs?

Bottom line: the first step is figuring out what kind of MLWFs
you are getting, and see if everything is consistent with the PDOS.
That should be the case - otherwise it points to a computational issue.

If all is ok in the step above, the next thing to do is figuring out
what the correct chemistry should be. If HSE and PBE+U give the same
result, one should have some hope that the problem at hand is studied
correctly, but note that you are dealing with a system that is in
general difficult to describe correctly.

			nicola