[Wannier] How to map Fermi velocity on Fermi Surfaces

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 11:27:08 CEST 2012

On 6 Aug 2012, at 10:10, 李斌 wrote:

> Dear users and developers,
>
> I'm new to use WIEN2K & Wien2wannier interface. I want to generate Fermi surfaces with Fermi velocity
> shading like FIG. 5 of  "PRL 107, 277002 (2011)". But now I can just plot 3D FSs by XCRYSDEN which is unable to
> do this.
> So could you give me some suggestions?

Dear Li Bin,

 The 'bleeding edge' version of Jmol can read W90's bxsf file and plot fermi surfaces. It can also colour the surface according to the value of some property. http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/
This is a feature we hope to document properly for the coming W90 release. However, at the moment the best place to get help on this would be the Jmol list. Thanks to Jmol's principal developer, Bob Hanson, Jmol can also plot WF from xsf files.

Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PH, UK
tel: +44 (0)1865 612797                http://users.ox.ac.uk/~oums0549/