[Wannier] seek help

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 14 17:33:31 CET 2011

Dear Hongwei,

guiding centers were used to suggest how to properly choose the branch
cut in the evaluation of complex logarithms - the logic is explained
inside wann_phases
(basically making sure that roughly every contribution that you add up
in evaluating
the position of the wannier center has a branch cut that is closest to
giving that position),
but these days you'd be better off by choosing carefully your
projections, and forgetting
about the guiding cetners (keywords are nevertheless explained in the
user guide).

With regard to conv_noise... , it must be something Arash or Jonathan
coded? Looks like
a way to get unstuck from very shallow minimizations (e.g. as in the
rotation of the d-orbitals
in a system where localization is almost invariant with respect to
rotation).

nicola