[Wannier] .mmn files and .chk files

Elie Moujaes elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 19:54:47 CET 2010

Dear all,

(1 ) I successfully created .mmn files for my wannier calculations for graphene but I cannot open them in ACROBAT reader because it says either the file is corrupt or acrobat reader doesnt not support this kind of file..It opens however in word. I am not sure if there is a way to open it in acrobat or not.

(2) most importantly..I want to plot the band structure of graphene and plot the MLWFs but when I add restart = plot,  and run the wannier90.x command again I get the error:

Wannier90: Execution started on 17Mar2010 at 15:24:06
 Exiting.......
 Error: restart requested but mgraphtb.chk file not found

I tried to insert

              write_chk= true

in the pw2wann file but it did not work. I am sure something is missing in the WIN file but I cannot figure out what it is because all eig mmn and amn files are fine and I read that restart depends on the .chk file.

reagrds

Elie Moujwes
University of nottingham
NG7 2RD