[Wannier] W90: Exiting....... Non-symmetric k-point neighbours!

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 15:29:46 CET 2010

On 15 Mar 2010, at 14:04, Elie Moujaes wrote:

> Dear All, I am trying to run the wannier90.x command for graphene
> and I keep on having the following error:
>
> Exiting.......
>  Non-symmetric k-point neighbours!
>
> I have changed the grid points but in vain. Please anyone can tell
> me how can i avoid this error. Here is the list of k-points I am
> using:
>

> mp_grid : 4 4 4
>

> begin kpoints
>   0.00000000  0.00000000  0.00000000
>   0.01000000  0.01000000  0.00000000
>   0.02000000  0.02000000  0.00000000

Elie,

  For wannier90 the kpoints need to be form regular grid in the full
reciprocal unit cell - no symmetry is used.

In the wannier90 utilities directory you will find a perl script
kmesh.pl. This can be used to generate appropriate kpoint meshes in
both pwscf and wannier90 formats. (ie you can just cut and paste them
into your input files)

  If you haven't already, it is well worth working through the
examples in the wannier90 tutorial. I note that example 10 is graphite.

  Yours
   Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1
3PH, UK