[Wannier] error

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 10 00:09:26 CET 2010

On 9 Jan 2010, at 17:45, SUMANTA BHANDARY wrote:

> Dear W90 users,
>                               I have got an error when I run
> pw2wannier90.x saying :
>  task #         0
>      from davcio : error #        10
>      error while reading from file
>
> what could be the reason ? Thanks for your help .

Sumanta,

  The pwscf error message is rather terse - but it tells you that
there was an error reading the wavefunction files from disk.

There are several ways to obtain this error. The most common is
running pw.x in parallel (distributing k-points using npools) and not
using the wf_collect option (to collect the wavefunctions in a single
file). You need to do this as pw2wannier90 does not work when kpoints
are distributed (only R/G parallelism works)

This has been covered on the mailing list before see eg
  http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/wannier/2008-January/000102.html

  If this doesn't solve your problem you will need to give us a bit
more information to work with (version of pwscf/w90, instructions, etc)

  Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1
3PH, UK