[Wannier] Wannier functions of molecular crystal

Gianluca Giovannetti gianluca.giovannetti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:39:06 CEST 2010

Dear Jonathan,

thank you for the reply.

I think i have still some troubles to understand how to give a good starting
guess. :-)

Please let look at this paper:

J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. *78* <http://jpsj.ipap.jp/archive/JPSJ-78.html> (2009)
113704

and let think we want to reproduce exactly the WFs in their Fig. 3.

As you can see the Wannier functions are localized over all the molecule and
they look like some linear combination of p states over all the C and H
ions.

Is the option " f=0,0.50,0:pz" a good starting guess?
Is the latter option the best i can use in such case?

ciao

G.