[Wannier] (no subject)

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 26 19:07:59 CET 2009

kazempou at fhi-berlin.mpg.de wrote:
> Hi all
> I want to ask ::
> Does the wannier function affect the shape of band structure( I mean Does
> it contribute to band structure renormalization?).
> I want to use wannier90 to see the effect of impurity in semiconductor
> band structure.Can I describe the the defect induced level more accurate
> by wannier or not?
> thanks  a lot

The Wannier picture is obtained from post-processing - it doesn't change
anything.
You could use it to get a more physical picture of the electronic
structure induced
by the presence of the defect, though. Have a look at some of the early
papers on
the topic - Silvestrelli et al SSC 1998, and Fornari et al ~2000.

             nicola