[Wannier] Problems with test cases

Jonathan Yates jonathan.yates at materials.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 26 23:10:35 CEST 2009

Ed,

  I don't think you did anything obviously wrong.

My guess is that there is a (subtle) incompatibility between the
compiled W90 and the lapack/blas routines. This could be because the
atlas routines you are linking against have been compiled with a
version of gfortran other than the one you are using to compile W90.
Or it could be a totally different reason - either way every time I've
seen this behavior it's been a linking blas issue.

  My suggestion would be to compile the versions of lapack and blas
from netlib (www.netlib.org/lapack/). The blas is not optimised - but
it compiles quickly and is robust. If that works try compiling your
own atlas blas (if you haven't already). If not, try swapping the
compiler for an older version of gfortran, or g95.

Yours
  Jonathan

--
Department of Materials, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1
3PH, UK