[Wannier] Can I submit job parallely?

Jonathan Yates jry20 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 13:05:29 CET 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, r95222066 at ntu.edu.tw wrote:

> All Dear Wannier90 user,
>           I counter a problem about when I calculate PWscf for scf
> and nscf calculation,I used parallel calculation.It generated as the
> same number wavefuction as the number of nodes .But when I want to
> calculated about "pw2wannier90.x "step ,the ouput data show

>  My system has 22 atoms.If I only use one node to calculate all step
> , I think it may be slowly.Can I has other method to deal with this
> problem ?

Bing-Hong,

  pw2wannier90 can be run correctly in parallel. I suggest using pwscf
3.2.3 and the version of pw2wannier90.f90 available on the wannier.org
website.

  One important constraint is that pw2wannier90 will not work when kpoints
are distributed (ie using npools). You can only use R+G vector
distribution.

  If you want to use npools for the scf and nscf runs, or you want to run
pw2wannier90 on a different number of nodes, you can use the wf_collect
parameter in the control namelist (see the pwscf documentation). This will
cause a single wavefunction file to be written.

  There wasn't enough information in your email to exactly diagnose your
problem - it is related to reading in the wavefunctions, so it could be
that you had used npool>1? If you still encounter problems you need to
show us your pwscf input files, and the commands you execute (eg if you
run in a batch queue, your job submission script).

  Yours
   Jonathan

--
Dr Jonathan Yates         |    Theory of Condensed Matter Group
Corpus Christi College    |    Cavendish Laboratory