[Wannier] hi, I would like to ask how to generate *.xsf file?

Jonathan Yates jry20 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jul 22 15:44:01 CEST 2007

Bing-Hong,

  I suggest carefully reading the paper

Maximally-localized Wannier functions in perovskites: Cubic BaTiO3
Authors: Nicola Marzari, David Vanderbilt
http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/9802210

> .true. It had generated UNK*,but still no Batio3.xsf file.

  If you have UNK* files, and wannier_plot = .true. in the *win file; then
Wannier90 will either write *.xsf files or give you an error message (if
something was wrong).

  I note that you are using formatted UNK* files. I suggest using
unformatted files as they are quicker to read/write and use less disk
space. unformatted is the default.

>         I read Batio3.bxsf file,all eigenvalue are smaller than zero (the =20
>     fermi energy default value is just 0). Is that the reason that I can't =20
>     open my Batio3.bxsf file? I also view the comment of bsxf format in =20
>     Xcrysden website.There is nothing different at all.

  I'm confused as to why you are trying to look at the Fermi surface of
an insulator.... (there might be a legitimate reason, but I thought I
should raise the point).

  However, Xcrysden should open any bxsf file that Wannier90 writes
    1- Confirm that you can open other bxsf files (ie those generated by
the tutorial examples). If not there is probably an issue with your
Xcrysden install.
    2- I assume Xcrysden gives you an error message when it fails to open
that file. Send me the error message and your bxsf file.

>        Here is my Batio3.bxsf.It is strange for the bands value are almost =20
>     a constant equall -0.34633858E+02.

It is as expected. You asked for WF for the 4 lowest bands. They
correspond to localised atomic-like states; therefore they have little
dispersion in k.

  Jonathan

--
Dr Jonathan Yates         |    Theory of Condensed Matter Group
Corpus Christi College    |    Cavendish Laboratory