[Wannier] Re: questions about wannier

Jonathan Yates jry20 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 13:45:29 CEST 2007

  [I'm redirecting a message about Wannier90 sent directly to me as I think
it is more appropriate for the Wannier mailing list.]

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, amel la wrote:

>  I am running the code in cluster opteron:
>
>  I have run scf from pw.x with (mpirun -np 2 ./pw.x<copper.scf>scf.out)
>  parallel mode
>  then nscf from pw.x with (mpirun -np 2 ./pw.x<copper.nscf>nscf.out)
parallel mode

>  then
>  wannier90.x -pp copper  (this serial mode)
>
>  mpirun -np 2 pw2wannier90.x < copper.pw2wan > pw2wan.out
>
>  in order to create  "copper.mmn and copper.amn files " but no way to
success.

>  but my problem when I wanted to run pw2wannier for creating
>  copper.mmn and copper.amn files I got some error message that I could
> not avoid it many times happen, I am ignoring the reason.
>
>  Should I run  pw2wannier90.x in serial mode or it has bug?

Amel,

  I've just ran example 6 in parallel (2 processors) using QuantumEspresso
v3.2. It ran with no problems. I'm not aware of any bugs.

1 - Make sure that you have an up-to-date version of QE (=>3.2)
2 - Check that it runs correctly in serial
3 - If you have access to a different machine (or a different compiler)
check to see if that works. - maybe you have a bug in your compiler.

3 - Report any error messages back to us.
   **Without the full error message it's almost impossible for us to help**

>  and how about wannier90 code, is it working for paralle or serial ?

  Wannier90 is a serial code. It works on small matrices; even for large
calculations the execution time should be small.

  Yours
    Jonathan

--
Dr Jonathan Yates         |    Theory of Condensed Matter Group
Corpus Christi College    |    Cavendish Laboratory