[QE-users] Too few bands

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Fri Mar 22 13:31:01 CET 2024

On 22/03/2024 13:05, aleksandr.doma--- via users wrote:
> 1) Is it acceptable to use SSSP library of pseudopotentials:
>
> Materials Cloud
> <https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp/table/efficiency>
>
>     Materials Cloud
>
> Materials Cloud is built to enable the seamless sharing and
> dissemination of resources in computational mate...
>
> <https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp/table/efficiency>
>
> with a minimum cutoff energy (which is indicated in the header of the
> pseudopotential file)?

Dear Aleksandr,

I can answer this - indeed the latest version of the PBE SSSP library
(1.3) has been carefully verified (see this Nature Review Physics that
came out a couple of months ago:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s42254-023-00655-3). You can use the
efficiency one as a default, then double check on some test case with
the precision library if you want to be safe.

Although not tested, there is a PBEsol version also, that would be good
to use if you deal with solids.

			nicola