[QE-users] What to modify in "dynamics_module.f90" for making constant zero pressure during NVT simulation(pw.x)

Kazume NISHIDATE nisidate at iwate-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 16 12:41:03 CET 2024

Dear Anadani,

> I am performing an AIMD simulation of metallic alloys and
>  encountering huge pressure(~50 to -50 Kbar) fluctuations,

It may be normal depending on how many atoms you are using in your
system.

In MD simulation, temperature and pressure are measured in ensemble
average. If you do not have enough atoms in your system, say under 100
atoms, you must 'average' physical/chemical quantities over many time
steps. This is the Ergodic theorem.