[QE-users] Hybrid pseudopotential

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Jun 27 10:04:30 CEST 2024

Dear Gulshan
Please sign always your posts to the forum with name and affilation.

In principle you are right, but in practice you don't need a hybrid
pseudopotential to perform a hybrid calculation. It is more then
acceptable that you use a PBE pseudopotential for PBE0 or HSE, or a
BLYP one for B3LYP. See  your_path_to_QE-7.3/PW/examples/EXX_example
for further details

I can only recommend the use of norm conserving pseudopotentials for
calculations using hybrid functionals.

HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Gulshan Kumar via users <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to find the Bandgap for BaTiO3; I used the pseudopotentials
> from the quantum espresso library PBE type. But it gives an underestimated
> Band Gap.
>
> Can anyone please help me regarding that and or how to create a hybrid
> pseudopotential?
>
> Thank you
>
> Gulshan.

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316