[QE-users] 回复: Pw.x Cell_factor issue

Guo, Mr Yiming (Bill) Guo yiming.guo.22 at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 18:20:01 CEST 2024

Dear Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto,

Thank you for your reply.  I am working on three calculations,

The calculations involve:

  1.  A Nitrogen-doped graphene layer (VC-relax/SCF)
  2.  Li2S6 (VC-relax/SCF).
  3.  The combined system to determine the lowest energy state and calculate the binding energy of Li2S6 on the Nitrogen-doped graphene layer.

I have encountered an issue with the VC-relax cell_factor for the Nitrogen-doped graphene layer. When I change the cell factor to 3, the calculation proceeds without problems.

Given my limited experience with Quantum ESPRESSO (only 1.5 months), my approach has been to build the model first, perform structure optimization, and finally conduct the SCF calculation.

From my understanding, if the lattice parameters are unknown or need optimization, I should use VC-relax. However, if the lattice parameters are known and fixed, VC-relax is unnecessary.

Could you please confirm if this approach is correct and advise on how to properly set the cell factor for the Nitrogen-doped graphene layer? Any additional insights or recommendations you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

I have attached the N-doepd graphene layer file as well.
[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/generic_16x16.png]Li2S6 (2) 1.in<https://liveuclac-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ucecuof_ucl_ac_uk/ESnKgHLpoR5Iqv16PqG-9FkBvDMGUWgaD-zgnp8YoBK3VA>
[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/generic_16x16.png]NG 1.in<https://liveuclac-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ucecuof_ucl_ac_uk/EZbXvMWIroZGkiYC_fayFpoBL4NU9_akxZoNgAQ4cmZW_A>

Best regards,
Bill Guo