[QE-users] Internal error, cannot bracket Ef in adsorption calculation

a.pramos a.pramos at alumnos.upm.es
Tue Jul 30 14:17:20 CEST 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm performing some calculations to obtain the adsorption energy of
certain molecules on different surfaces. After the relaxation of the
surface, I put the species near the adsorption site and perform a relax
calculation. However, the following error appears:
      Error in routine efermig (1):
      internal error, cannot bracket E

I have tried different parameters (removing the assume_isolated='2D'
keyword, increasing the vaccuum layer, increasing the k-grid in all
three directions...) but the error persists. I attach one of my input
files with its corresponding output.

Best regards,
Álvaro