[QE-users] Requested some guidelines in First-principles molecular dynamics

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Thu Jan 11 20:36:01 CET 2024

On 11/01/2024 20:06, Md. Jahid Hasan Sagor wrote:
> Hi Dr. Paulatto,
>
> Thank you so much for your suggestions. I was going in the wrong
> direction. So if I use your recommended code
> (https://anharmonic.github.io/thermal2/#d3_r2qx-code), would I be able
> to generate the following figure for Bulk GaAs?

No. The anharmonic code is about vibrational properties.

> Actually my main goal is to calculate dielectric function at different
> temperatures (not 0 K).

You can try to do like in the paper. Or you can try a different
approach, i.e. replacing the sampling via molecular dynamics with a
stochastic sampling, like the one provided by the SSCHA code
http://sscha.eu/, which is also compatible with QE. Anyway, the
supercell they use is tiny (8 atoms, which is just the simple-cubic form
of GaAs), you should be able to use the epsilon.x code that comes with
QE (check the manual in PP/Doc/man_eps.pdf). I would say, start with
just epsilon as a function of the volume, test convergence and see if
you can afford it,.

kind regards