[QE-users] atomic positions/coordinates for single molecule

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Tue Feb 20 10:06:22 CET 2024

Dear Tarek Hammad
You can easily build a molecular structure with the Avogadro GUI

https://avogadro.cc/

and preoptimize it with its built-in force field.

If your molecule has a lot of conformers/rotamers you should find and
sort them to identify the global minimum. An excellent and easy to use
tool is CREST

https://crest-lab.github.io/crest-docs/

which uses a semiempirical tight-binding engine

https://xtb-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

to perform the task.

HTH
Giuseppe