[QE-users] Confusion about the meaning of energy in the calculation of QE ground state

Md. Jahid Hasan Sagor md.sagor at maine.edu
Fri Feb 16 14:35:33 CET 2024

As far as I know, total energy is the summation of different energies e.g
kinetic energy (one electron contribution), Hartree energy (potential
energy between e and mean field), XC energy, Ewald energy ( potential
energy in nucleus),,,in your output file you can get all of these values
including total energy. As in MD you just calculate potential energy, you
can check in QE output file which energies are resemble for that.

Best
Md Jahid Hasan
PhD student
University of Maine