[QE-users] Different results for charged cluster in PHonon 5.1 and 7.2

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Wed Feb 14 17:23:52 CET 2024

Hello,

On top of what Paola says, I would recommend checking the output of pw.x
first. If the total energy calculation is not identical, the phonons
results will be widely different. And if there is a difference in the
total energy calculation, it could be traced back more easily to a
change in the code.

kind regards.

On 14/02/2024 11:14, RABONE Jeremy wrote:

> Hello,
>

>   I have re-run a Phonon calculation for a charged cluster that was
> done using version 5.1 with version 7.2 and the results are completely
> different; there is a large positive shift in the frequencies. Can
> somebody tell me what was done differently in 5.1 for charged cells ?
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Jeremy Rabone

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05