[QE-users] QE GPU ORTE_ERROR problem

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Apr 16 11:17:22 CEST 2024

On 4/11/24 20:45, Sitangshu Bhattacharya wrote:

> *** An error occurred in MPI_Init_thread
> *** on a NULL communicator
> *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (processes in this communicator will now abort,
> ***and potentially your MPI job)

Occasionally I also encounter this problem: there is some mismatch
between the MPI libraries linked by the compiler and those loaded at
run-time. Ensure that your NVidia HPC SDK is properly set up, that
environment variables have the correct value, that the mpif90 you are
using is the one in the NVidia HPC SDK and not something else, same for
MPI libraries, ...

Paolo

> [login02:158963] Local abort before MPI_INIT completed completed
> successfully, but am not able to aggregate error messages, and not able
> to guarantee that all other processes were killed!
>

> Any solutions?
>

> Regards,

> Sitangshu Bhattacharya (সিতাংশু ভট্টাচার্য), Ph.D
> Assistant Professor,
> Room No. 2221, CC-1,
> Electronic Structure Theory Group,
> Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering,
> Indian Institute of Information Technology-Allahabad
> Uttar Pradesh 211 012
> India
> Telephone: 91-532-2922000 Extn.: 2131
> Web-page: http://profile.iiita.ac.in/sitangshu/
> <http://profile.iiita.ac.in/sitangshu/>
> Institute: http://www.iiita.ac.in/ <http://www.iiita.ac.in/>

Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine Italy, +39-0432-558216