[QE-users] [Webinar] Materials informatics: Moving beyond screening via generative machine learning models

Dr.Mosab Banisalman mosab at simulation.re.kr
Wed Sep 13 10:28:01 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce the next session in our Materials Square
Webinar Series. It would be an honor to have you join us and delve deeper
into the captivating realm of materials science. secure your spot by
registering through this link: *https://www.materialssquare.com/webinar*
<https://www.materialssquare.com/webinar> .

Our distinguished speaker for this session is *Taylor D. Sparks*, Associate
Professor of Materials Science & Engineering at the University of Utah.
Prof. Sparks is at the forefront of innovating materials informatics and
generative machine learning.

Delving into the heart of this webinar, Prof. Sparks will address the
topic: "*Materials informatics: Moving beyond screening via generative
machine learning models*". In this session, we'll explore the advanced
capabilities of machine learning in materials science. While its rapid
predictions have been game-changing, there's a critique that the outputs
often mirror known materials. Can we expect true innovation from machine
learning? We'll delve into next-gen generative models that envision new
structures and touch upon tools like DiSCoVeR and SMACT to ensure credible
and novel results. Join us for a synthesis of technological prowess and
materials discovery.

Webinar Title: "*Materials informatics: Moving beyond screening via
generative machine learning models*"

*Presenter: Prof. Taylor D. Sparks (University of Utah, USA)*

The schedule for the webinar is as follows:

   - *Tue, Sep 26, 2023, 21:00 ~ 22:00 | Los Angeles (PDT)*
   - *Wed, Sep 27, 2023, 00:00 ~ 01:00 | New York (EDT)*
   - *Wed, Sep 27, 2023, 06:00 ~ 07:00 | Paris (CEST)*
   - *Wed, Sep 27, 2023, 07:00 ~ 08:00 | Riyadh (KSA)*
   - *Wed, Sep 27, 2023, 09:30 ~ 10:30 | New Delhi (IST)*
   - *Wed, Sep 27, 2023, 13:00 ~ 14:00 | Seoul (KST)*

*Registration is available at https://www.materialssquare.com/webinar
<https://www.materialssquare.com/webinar>. As always, registration for
Materials Square webinars is completely FREE.*

We look forward to having you with us virtually!

Kind regards,

Mosab