[QE-users] How to decide q1, q2, and q3?? turbo_eels.x

Iurii Timrov iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Tue Sep 5 10:31:27 CEST 2023

Dear Akhil,

First you need to decide |q| and the direction of q. Say you want q = 0.15 A^{-1} along [100] for diamond. Then you need to specify it as q = (2*pi/a) (q1, q2, q3), where a is the lattice parameter in A. By doing some math you can easily determine the values of q1, q2, and q3.

HTH

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV