[QE-users] [SPAM] QE7bug

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Mon Sep 4 10:12:56 CEST 2023

Actually the "bug" (sort of) was in the 6.7 version, not in the most
recent ones. The code fails to converge (you set a very small threshold
for pressure) and stops after resetting the history twice (history is
reset when the optimization procedure runs into trouble). In v.6.7, it
stops claiming convergence (not true); in later versions, the code stops
with no convergence (technically true)

Paolo

On 04/09/2023 02:39, 526587466--- via users wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> Recently, I did a test about the geometry relaxtion of graphene by
> different QE version (i.e., 6.7, 7.1 and 7.2 version).  Only the 6.7
> version gives the convergened result, while not for the 7.1 and 7.2.
> Please see the attachment.
>
> Is there a bug or other things in the QE 7 version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Roc
>
> Henan Normal University, China

Univ. Udine, via delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine Italy, +39-0432-558216