[QE-users] can i use this trick to do faster MD calculation using pw.x ?

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Wed Oct 18 14:11:06 CEST 2023

Hi Jayraj,

you wrote several times, but probably many did not know where to start -
because you are addressing several complex problems without seeming to
have much background in the field. Answers to your 3 points:

1) you will not get anything meaningul with the low cutoffs you suggest,
just random stuff. use the minimum cutoffs suggested in my point 2) here
below.

2) not sure - pseudopotentials are like people, they can be messed up
deep inside. use the SSSP 1.3 efficiency:
https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp/table/efficiency

3) not sure where to start - you need to learn and understand MD - a
good start is if you google "ercolessi md primer"

			nicola