[QE-users] QE-TDDFT TDDFT calculation of absorption spectrum problems

马雨薇 mayw2023 at lzu.edu.cn
Wed Oct 11 15:01:07 CEST 2023

Dear Iurii,
  Thank you very much for your reply.
  If the metal system is optimized first (vc-relax), then scf, lanczos.x and spectrum.x. The absorption spectrum calculated at this point is not the absorption spectrum of the metal, right? Because the metal has relaxed into a nonmetallic state. Is that right? If I want to use Quantum espresso to calculate the absorption spectrum of a metal are there any other modules or methods? I am very much looking forward to your reply.
 Yours sincerely,
 Yuwei Ma.