[QE-users] the units of the phonon linewidth

Chiara Cignarella chiara.cignarella at epfl.ch
Wed Nov 29 15:22:12 CET 2023

Dear zhouchao,

in the output file of ph.out with 'electron_phonon'= 'interpolated' or 'simple' you should already have the values of both gamma and lambda, with the corresponding unit of measure. You can find the same information inside elph_dir/elph.inp_lambda*, one for each q point.

Note that gamma has the unit of measure of frequency, and in QE is reported in GHz, while lambda is adimensional.

Hope this help

Best

Chiara Cignarella

PhD student