[QE-users] NMR of Metallic Systems

Megan Burrill meganburrill at u.northwestern.edu
Thu Nov 23 16:17:42 CET 2023

Hi Nicola and Davide,

Thank you for your responses! So would I be correct in understanding that
the NMR calculations for metals will correctly calculate the orbital
portion of the shift, but will not include the Knight contribution? Or is
it the case that if there is a Knight shift, I will not see convergence
with respect to k-points?

Nicola - from my understanding of your paper, you did perform the Knight
shift calculations, but they were more difficult to converge with respect
to smearing that the orbital shifts. Given that the Knight shifts are not
implemented, does this mean that the method did not extrapolate well to
other systems, so was not added to the published version of Quantum
Espresso?

Thanks again,
Megan