[QE-users] hp.x and background orbitals

Chad Junkermeier junkerme at hawaii.edu
Tue Nov 21 02:32:19 CET 2023

Hi,
I want to check the electronic structure of a few materials and think that DFT+U+V would be a good choice for doing so.  I watched the QE summer school videos uploaded by Materials Cloud to see how to do this in QE.  In particular, I am interested in sp2 hybridized 2D materials and thought that I should use something like what Prof. Matteo Cococcioni presents for sp3 hybridized silicon (https://youtu.be/64JKOF5lh2U?list=PL19kfLn4sO_-ox_Oylwi4IEb5qUp0dXfJ&t=2919).  The problem is that hp.x does not work with the background s-orbitals.  How do I determine what the U and V values should be without using hp.x?

Thank you.

Chad Junkermeier, PhD
Instructor, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa