[QE-users] [Webinar] From Superconductors to Giant Planets: A Computational Window on Materials

Dr.Mosab Banisalman mosab at simulation.re.kr
Mon Nov 13 03:02:12 CET 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce another enlightening session in our MatSQ
Webinar Series at Materials Square. It is our pleasure to cordially invite
you all to this event. Please register via the following link:
https://www.materialssquare.com/webinar

In this webinar, we are honored to host Prof. Chris J. Pickard, the Sir
Alan Cottrell Professor of Materials Science in the Department of Material
Science and Metallurgy at the University of Cambridge. Prof. Pickard's
cutting-edge research allows scientists to explore the universe at the
atomic scale through Quantum Mechanics. His work spans a wide array of
subjects, from the centers of giant exoplanets to pharmaceutical compounds,
new battery materials, and high-temperature superconductors. Prof. Pickard
has significantly contributed to the field as the lead developer of the
widely used CASTEP computer code and introduced both the GIPAW approach to
the prediction of magnetic resonance parameters and Ab Initio Random
Structure Searching (AIRSS).

In this webinar, titled "From Superconductors to Giant Planets: A
Computational Window on Materials," Prof. Pickard will delve into modern
methods for computing the properties of realistic materials from first
principles, starting from quantum mechanics. With the advancement of
computational resources and machine learning, it is now possible to search
through vast compositions and arrangements of atoms to discover new
materials with extreme properties or under conditions that are challenging
to access experimentally.

*Webinar Title*: "From Superconductors to Giant Planets: A Computational
Window on Materials” (University of Cambridge, UK)

*The schedule for the webinar is as follows:*

- Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, 06:00 ~ 07:00 | Los Angeles (PST)

- Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, 09:00 ~ 10:00 | New York (EDT)

- Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, 15:00 ~ 16:00 | Paris (CEST)

- Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, 17:00 ~ 18:00 | Riyadh (KSA)

- Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, 19:30 ~ 20:30 | New Delhi (IST)

- Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, 23:00 ~ 00:00 | Seoul (KST)

Secure your spot for our insightful session at
https://www.materialssquare.com/webinar . As always, there is no
registration fee for Materials Square webinars.

We look forward to having you with us virtually!

Kind regards,

Mosab@ Virtual Lab Inc.