[QE-users] PROJWFC: pdos.out error using MBD

Corina Urdaniz urdaniz.corina at qns.science
Thu Nov 2 07:58:17 CET 2023

Dear all, I apologize for the frequent questions this week, but it's my
first time using this correction method.
I am currently studying a molecule in the gas phase and utilizing the
vdw_corr= MBD. I'm using QE7.1.  So far, the relaxation, SCF, and NSCF
steps have proceeded without any issues. However, when attempting to
calculate the PDOS, in the pdos.out , I'm encountering the following error
message:

------

*Using Slab Decomposition      Message from routine read_file_new:     ***
vdW-TS term will be missing in potential ****
------

in the  read_file_new.f90 you can find:
------
!

* ... recalculate the potential - FIXME: couldn't make ts-vdw work  !  IF (
ts_vdw) THEN     ! CALL tsvdw_initialize()     ! CALL set_h_ainv()     CALL
infomsg('read_file_new','*** vdW-TS term will be missing in potential
***')     ts_vdw = .false.*
I repeat the calculation with
ts_vdw_isolated=false
but i obtain the same error in the pdos.out

Could you provide guidance on resolving it?

Thanks for your help!

Corina

IBS Center for Quantum Nanoscience
Seoul, South Korea