[QE-users] How to run QE on limited number of processsors of a single node?

Piotr Szkudlarek p.szkudlarek at cent.uw.edu.pl
Mon May 29 21:13:34 CEST 2023

Dear QE community,
I am trying to install QE on the new cluster of my team. It seems that I
have properly installed MPI and QE. However, I have trouble running it on a
limited number of processors. Our cluster consists of 24 2-cores
processors. When I am trying to run pw.x on 8 cores with a command:
mpirun -c 8 /scientific/qe-7.2/bin/pw.x -i scf.in > scf.out&
it crushes. Is there anything I am doing wrong?
Yours sincerely,
Piotr Szkudlarek
Centre of New Technologies
University of Warsaw