[QE-users] Best way to extract eigenvectors from pwscf output?

Manocha, Pratyush pmanocha at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:27:48 CET 2023

Dear Prof. Paolo,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I want to extract the Hamiltonian and eigenvectors (not necessarily Kohn-Sham, whatever eigenvectors QE solves for; I am aware that QE solves the Kohn-Sham equation, so I think it outputs the Kohn-Sham eigenvectors, please correct me if I am wrong).

The reasons for extracting the eigenvectors and the Hamiltonian are multiple. Primarily to calculate a couple of matrix elements for my research project. But I want to extract this data in a human-readable format so that I can get a better understanding of the QE DFT package as a whole.

Would the simple_output code provided by you in the post I linked earlier be the best way to go about doing this?

Regards,
Pratyush Manocha
Graduate Student | M.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology