[QE-users] Fwd: Hydrogen atom pseudopotential files with q=1.5e and q=0.75e (PBE, USPP)

GOKHAN HASEKI gokhanhaseki at trakya.edu.tr
Fri Mar 10 16:43:14 CET 2023

Thank you Dear Nicola

----- Orijinal Mesaj -----
Kimden: "Nicola Marzari via users" <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Kime: users at lists.quantum-espresso.org
Gönderilenler: 8 Mart Çarşamba 2023 20:32:46
Konu: Re: [QE-users] Fwd: Hydrogen atom pseudopotential files with q=1.5e and q=0.75e (PBE, USPP)

Dear Gökhan,

as far as I know there is a legacy table of old pseudopotentials:
http://pseudopotentials.quantum-espresso.org/legacy_tables/original-qe-pp-library

It's not recommended in general, but for H you can find some old Von
Barth Car pseudos with fractional charges (maybe good to test these to
make sure they give reasonable results).

Another very precious pseudo there is the pure Coulombic one:
H.coulomb-ae.UPF

Again, to be checked, but I believe that just chaning Zval you can also
use it as a Cooulomb pseudo for heavier atoms, e.g. the second row from
Li onwards, that can be useful to do all-electron tests with QE (mind
you, for second row you easily need 1000 Ry of ecutrho).

Any comments on this actually much appreciated,

			nicola

On 08/03/2023 09:13, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> [...]

Director, National Centre for Competence in Research NCCR MARVEL, SNSF
Head, Laboratory for Materials Simulations, Paul Scherrer Institut
Contact info and websites at http://theossrv1.epfl.ch/Main/Contact

The Quantum ESPRESSO community stands by the Ukrainian
people and expresses its concerns about the devastating
effects that the Russian military offensive has on their
country and on the free and peaceful scientific, cultural,
and economic cooperation amongst peoples
Quantum ESPRESSO is supported by MaX (www.max-centre.eu)